If you or a loved one were the victim of a severe injury and are not the one at fault, you might be able to recover compensation in a personal injury lawsuit.
Following a car wreck, slip and fall, or other types of personal injury resulting from another party’s negligence, you could face high medical expenses. Those injuries might also cause you to lose income.
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC represents the victims of personal injury accidents in Kings Mountain. We may be able to help you recover compensation in your case.
Call our firm at (704) 482-1112 for a free case evaluation. We may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee basis with no up-front costs.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC represents victims in a variety of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and falls
- Dog bites
- Other injuries
These are not the only circumstances that could lead to a personal injury lawsuit.
If you were injured in any situation due to another party’s negligent behavior, Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC invites you to call our firm for a free consultation.
Recoverable Damages in a Kings Mountain Personal Injury Case
The amount of compensation that you could recover in a Kings Mountain personal injury case will vary greatly on a case-by-case basis. Accordingly, it is difficult to estimate what amount you could recover in your case without a direct consultation with our team.
We can discuss what types of damages, or losses, may be available in your case. When a Kings Mountain personal injury lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC represents you, we can work toward recovering the following damages:
- Current, future, and past medical bills
- Damages that the evidence of your case supports
- Disfigurement and scars
- Pain and suffering
- Partial or total loss of a body part
- Past and future income loss
- Permanent injuries
- Property loss
We might also pursue a loss of consortium claim. Loss of consortium is a class of damages that bases on the harm to the victim’s marital relationship. The damages must be the result of another party’s negligence. Either the victim or the spouse can claim these damages. Claimants must show disruption or loss of affection, companionship, services, sexual relationship, or society in their marriage.
To discuss what compensation may be available in your personal injury case, call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC for a free consultation at (704) 482-1112.
Understanding North Carolina’s Personal Injury Laws
When your personal injury lawyer is working with you on your claim, they will help you prove the following elements:
- The defendant owes a duty to act or refrain from committing an act.
- The defendant is in breach of this duty.
- The plaintiff suffers from injuries as a result of this breach.
- The defendant’s action or inaction was the cause of the injury and the defendant should have known that the action or inaction could have resulted in injury.
- The plaintiff suffered actual damages, such as loss of income or medical expenses among other damages.
North Carolina Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury
According to North Carolina’s statute of limitations, personal injury plaintiffs face limits to how long after the injury they can file claims in civil court. Per North Carolina § 1-52, when a personal injury occurs, victims have three years from the injury’s date to file a claim.
Failing to submit your claim during this timeframe could mean that your personal injury attorney is unable to take your claim to court. If the court does not receive your claim within those three years, the defendant may be able to file a motion to dismiss the case.
A representative of Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can discuss what legal time limits pertain to your case when you call our firm for a free consultation.
A Kings Mountain Personal Injury Lawyer May Be Able to Handle Your Claim
When a person’s negligence harms an innocent victim, the negligent person may be considered at fault for the injuries they caused. According to North Carolina’s negligence laws, those who are at fault may be required to compensate the victim.
Our team of personal injury attorneys can work with you on your claim by:
- Managing your case: including all legal deadlines, paperwork, and communications. We can be available to answer your questions and discuss possible outcomes throughout your case.
- Investigating your case: we can gather evidence and examine it thoroughly, including accident reports, photographs, witness statements, and medical reports.
- Consulting with experts: we can hire experts with knowledge in workplace safety, accident reconstruction, and other areas to testify in your defense, if necessary. We can also consult with experts in the medical field.
- Filing your claim: we can file your claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company and, if necessary, we can pursue litigation in court for your claim.
A Kings Mountain Personal Injury Lawyer in Your Corner
If you or a loved one suffered a personal injury as a result of another party’s negligence in Kings Mountain, you may be able to recover compensation in a personal injury case. Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC may be able to represent you.
While you concentrate on your recovery, our firm may be able to pursue compensation on your behalf. Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC for a free case evaluation at (704) 482-1112.